One of the most chaotic things to do in this busy life is to brood too much to find a plumber, and water just can’t wait, if the water is tapping out, you have no option but to fix it immediately! We intend to take you through a complete plumber hiring experience and avoid common mistakes.
First let’s look at five popular mistakes that people make while finding a plumber.
- Hiring a plumber based on price and that is foolish. A better plumber may charge a little more, but will save you from a lot of hassles later on.
- Thinking that all the plumbers can do any work. Absolutely not! While some are adroit at fixing everything, others may not have expertise in taking care of complex plumbing work.
- Hiring a plumber that doesn’t have right tools. In India, sadly people tend to bring just anyone to do plumbing work, thinking little about his/her suitability for the job. Look for the tools that they use. Better plumbers will make enough money to buy themselves tools that make their job easier.
- Hiring without asking them enough questions is a big mistake that people make, ask them questions, as many as you have, and let them answer them, if they aren’t interested in answering your questions, then will they be really interested in fixing your plumbing woes? – Think about it.
- Not asking for references – Go for it, ask them questions pertaining to it, as much as you can, ask for folks whom they worked with, or undertook any assignments for them? If they didn’t, then probably they don’t fit the bill, and it’s better to look out for someone else.
We agree with you that generally local plumbers are abrasive and there wouldn’t be time for you to look into every small aspect of hiring a professional, moreover we didn’t mention background verification – which matters a lot. However it is practically an impossible measure for someone working hard to earn livelihood in a fast city lifestyle.
So here are two key things you can use in addition to avoiding the 5 mistakes to choose the right plumber
- Experience: More experience is always better, between a new and experience professional, always go for latter.
- Warranty: You would like a guarantee on appliance, so why not on plumbing? Someone who is damn sure about what he/she does will never shy away from redoing it if needed.
I agree that it is a daunting task to keep all in this in mind, but fortunately, with advent of new technology, there are lots of solutions, one of them is professional apps that help you find the best plumber. One of the very popular apps for professional home cleaning servicesis UrbanClap. It has a robust background check program, and generally gets you professionals that convincingly sail through all seven points. Moreover the rates are reasonable and ratings are very favorable, there are many people who have used the app and can vouch for their services, one great advantage of using the app is that it acts as a zero cost interface, which lets professionals to come up with most competitive rates, as there is no post service rate adjustment.
There are number of other apps in android marketplace too, but they are marred with flawed UI, unprofessionalism, and disastrous customer service, there are many companies that use this app to get professional plumbers, and it takes its reputation very seriously therefore there is a swift response to any glitch or concern.
In nutshell we believe that you might want to give UrbanClap India a shot while trying our tips to find which one gives you a better match, but in any case, you will end up in getting better plumbers than you are getting now.