- Diabetes home remedies can help in controlling blood sugar levels
- World diabetes day is observed in November 14
- Make simple modifications in your diet to manage diabetes effectively
World diabetes day observed on 14 November highlights the need to take necessary steps to control and prevent diabetes. Diabetes requires proper management of blood sugar levels to control the severe complications associated with it. Diabetes can be managed with simple modifications in diet and lifestyle. Some foods can work wonders in controlling blood sugar levels. These foods can naturally help you control blood sugars and make diabetes management easy. Here are some home remedies which can help you naturally control blood sugars. These remedies can be combined with your medications and a healthy lifestyle.
World diabetes day: Home remedies to control blood sugar levels
1. Dr. Nisha Manikantan explains, “Herbs that can help with glucose metabolism are bur berries and haldi or turmeric. If you take turmeric, amla and karela, there are plenty of combinations with these drugs that are healthy. Simple mixture of amla and turmeric in the proportion of 2:1 can do wonders.
2. Mango leaves can also help you control blood sugar levels. According to experts mango leaf extract (Mangiferin) has the ability to inhibit the enzyme alpha glucosidase which results in controlled blood sugar levels. However, more research is needed to testify how far they are beneficial.
3. Cinnamon is another spice other than turmeric which can help you control blood sugars naturally. Cinnamon controls the activity of insulin. It can be added to your diabetic diet in various ways. You can once consult your doctor to known about the right dosage.
4. Flaxseeds are extremely healthy and a good source of fibre. Flaxseeds are a powerful source of antioxidants which improves insulin resistance. The presence of fibre and antioxidants make flaxseeds good for diabetics.
5. Fenugreek commonly known as methi contains many medicinal properties. It also helps in controlling blood sugar levels. Studies have also highlighted the benefits of fenugreek seed and water for diabetics.